Sorry, got lazy and didn’t post yesterday’s update on time. Oh well… Not much to report today. I had my art history class, which is pretty much the same as the one I took at Sierra College, except in French. I didn’t have phonetics lab today, so no new tongue twister, but I did have my one-on-one session, and “R”s are still hard to pronounce. I miss Mexican food, so I bought some produce and made some fresh salsa. It needs work, way too many peppers in it. Oh, and today there was great weather: overcast and cool all day long.
One other thing: I saw a side of the French today that I wasn’t sure existed. When I walked into the boulangerie this morning, the woman who runs it was having a really loud, boisterous, fun conversation with another pair of women. They were laughing and making hand gestures, and for a moment I thought I was in Italy. So far since I’ve been here, most people are very quiet and you’re lucky to hear them say “bonjour,” much less hear a conversation. So that was pretty cool.
I decided today what I want to do this weekend. I’m going to try and find a way to go to Chinon Castle, which means I’m probably going to stay in Angouleme or Poitiers this weekend. You’ll hear from me again soon, I’m sure. See ya.
No comments:
Post a Comment