So a short update tonight, I’ve got to wake up bright and early in the morning to earn my place in a good French class. If not, I probably don’t get the credits I need out of this semester. I got to chat online with my friend Rick today, which was pretty cool. I’ve talked to some of my family members, but I haven’t really been able to talk to any of my friends back home, which sucks. I really feel left out, because I know how much fun autumn is back home, with football and renaissance faires and nice weather and such, so I know I’m missing out a bit. And I know that I’m soon going to be completely overwhelmed with school. So those chances to talk with people about things other than France become pretty welcome.
Little by little, I hear bits of news from home. I’ve heard over the past two days of the terrible accident at the Reno Air Races. From what I gather, nine deaths and 50 injured when a plane crashed into the bleachers. As far as I can tell, none of my close friends were there. If any of my Reno friends read this, please let me hear from you.
I guess the same problems haunt some of you guys. In case you haven’t heard, there was a nuclear reactor here in France which suffered an explosion. No radiation leak, and I’m completely safe. But it did cause me to cancel my plans to travel to Avignon last weekend. So as far as I know, that’s the only big news from here. I don’t have a TV, and I spend most of my time online (which isn’t much) on the US version of Yahoo. So don’t hesitate to let me hear some news either.
I guess my post didn’t end up being too short today. Oh well, I guess that’s that then. Talk to you tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment