Day two of full-time classes was difficult, but I only had 6 hours instead of 9 hours today. So in the afternoon, I went with a bunch of other USAC students to the train station to get tickets to Toulouse on Saturday. Our Art History teacher has offered to be our tour guide to the city for a day, so he’s going to show us around to the cathedral and other monuments in the city. I think I have also finalized a plan to head to Carcassonne and Avignon the next weekend, and I’m looking into heading to England for the Battle of Hastings re-enactment the weekend after.
Of course, all of this depends on how much it will cost. I’ve heard some good news: we now get .75€ per dollar instead of the .63€ per dollar that I got when I arrived in France. So that’s good news. On the other hand, I’ve been hearing that Bank of America is in imminent danger of collapse, so that can’t bode well for the American economy.
This weekend, I’m also considering going to a monster truck rally here in Pau. Not because I particularly enjoy monster truck rallies, but because I would love to hear what they sound like in French. For example, instead of “Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!” it’ll be “Dimanche, Dimanche, DIMANCHE!” Which sounds kind of entertaining. I think it’s worth considering. Otherwise, it’ll likely be another boring Sunday in Pau.
Monster Truck Rally? Really? :)
ReplyDeletePerhaps.
ReplyDelete