So today I really wanted to do a lot of stuff.
Okay, so I lied. I slept in really late, and then sat in my hotel room until almost 2 in the afternoon. I had planned on sleeping well during the day so that I could stay up late and see the city in lights. I was too lazy to stay out that late as well, so… yeah. But basically, I just wanted to wander about town for a bit. I spent time in the Latin Quarter and walked through the Jardin Tuilleries and the Place de la Concorde. I took some pictures, but this post will also serve as a slight photo-dump of some of the other pictures I’ve not yet showed you.
| Like the Arc de Triomphe. Just an afterthought. |
I started off the day by finding the narrowest street in Paris, called the Rue du Chat-qui-Pêche. It’s narrow. Moving on.
| I probably should walk down the street sideways. |
I wandered some more and found a cool church called St. Germain l’Axerrois. It’s kind of unusual. In that it’s very asymmetrical. But it was nice. As you can probably tell, I really didn’t do anything that got me too excited today.
| Looks like someone forgot to build a bell tower... |
Across the street from the church was the backside of the Louvre, and there were about a hundred identical red Toyotas parked in lines.
| What's the point? I don't know. |
I continued on to walk through the Jardin, which wasn’t quite as beautiful as I expected it to be. I suppose Versaille’s gardens will make a better showing.
| First time this trip the panoramic really came in handy. |
I went to the Place de Concorde and sat there for a while. A funny old half-drunk Frenchman approached me as I was sitting there and started complaining about the lack of sitting space at the square (I was sitting on a 4 ½ foot wall, there were no benches around). I didn’t really understand him at first, but between his broken English and my broken French, we made a 10 minute conversation out of it. He seemed pretty excited that I could understand his English, and he complimented my French, so it was all in all good.
| They stole an obelisk from Luxor. Seriously. |
I walked back through the Jardins and back to the Ile de la Cité, then finally went home to my hotel room, skipping the night-time viewing of the Eiffel Tower once and for all. It’ll just have to wait for the next time I’m in Paris. Next time I talk to you will probably be from Pau. See you then!
Awesome blog, Shelby! And you're really living a dream. Entertaining narrative and great pics. We're all really proud of you.
ReplyDeleteHow are we going to keep you down on the farm now?
Shelby, miss your updates, they are so entertaining.
ReplyDelete