Sorry for no post yesterday, but there wasn’t anything to post about. Today marks my first full month in France, and I feel that as much as I have done, I haven’t done enough. I’ve found out that my plans for this week won’t work out as I had hoped, so I’ll either do Carcassonne or Avignon, not both. It depends on who’s going to which city.
Today I had class, and the teacher gave us a sadistic project. We had to do research on certain cities that she listed. Places like Clermont, which is a place that I wanted to go but convinced myself it wasn’t important. So now, I really want to go to Clermont, and Rheims, and Lyon, and Grenoble, and Nice, and Marseille, and I think you get the point.
Also, I finally did my laundry today. I’m really getting pissed off at the Laundromat, they’ve only got two working dryers now, and there’s always at least four people doing laundry plus the lady who runs the place who also does laundry. So I carried my bag of laundry (which was 25lbs when dry) back to my room and hung up my laundry line finally.
Moments later, my doorbell rang and Stephanie was there. “Are you ready?” she asked. “For what?” I asked. “To go to Leclerc with me!” (See, we had had no plans to walk over to Leclerc, which is a Walmart type store, but this is the type of “spunky” person Stephanie is). So I walked over to Leclerc with the intention of finding dinner. But I didn’t. I did get oranges and orange juice, some eye hooks, a butter knife, and a multi-tool for doing things around the house. I ended up buying pizza for both Stephanie and I because we found a flyer with coupons for the pizza place while walking across the university parking lot. We talked over dinner and now I’m ready for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment