Today I woke up feeling pretty under the weather. I made the effort to go to school: showered, shaved, and dressed myself, but ended up skipping class today in favor of extra sleep. Everyone with USAC seems to have been sick since getting to France, and perhaps today it was just my turn. And if that’s the case, I’m pretty lucky as it was pretty mild.
But by the evening, I was feeling pretty good. Today was Emily’s birthday, so a bunch of us went downtown to go to dinner and celebrate. We went to this weird Franco-Italian restaurant called L’Etna, which is pretty entertaining. We had all talked about trying escargot, but I didn’t know that it was going to be today. But we did it, and honestly, it was pretty good. I would eat it again if it were offered to me, but I probably wouldn’t pay for it again (7€ for 6 snails? Really?).
| Yep, we got 'em with shells and everything. |
The main dish for me was lasagna, which was also really good. It might have been the best lasagna I’ve ever had – it was right up there with the lasagna I had in Rome. We had some dessert before heading home, so the escargot was pretty much the whole story. Good night everyone, I’ll post again soon.
| Elizabeth, Stephanie, Alejandra, and Emily. |
No comments:
Post a Comment