Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Slumber


Finally, Friday! I had two classes today, and I got chewed out for talking to a neighbor while the teacher was trying to explain the answer to a question. The problem is that the teacher asked the girl sitting next to me, who wasn’t paying attention and just answered “no” without knowing what the question was. She looked confused, and as the teacher started explaining the answer, I told the girl what we were talking about. Which drew the ire of the teacher: “Shelby, you can’t give her the answer until she understands why the answer is that way. Don’t try to do my job for me. She won’t learn unless she understands the reason for it.” It’s my firm belief that while the teachers here all seem pretty nice, they can turn bitchy really quick.

Speaking of Quick, I went there for a burger between classes and have come to the conclusion that it is in fact not very quick. I stood in line for 25 minutes because, unlike in America where you order your fast food and are given an order number so you can pick up your food when it’s ready, in France you continue standing at the cash register until your meal is ready. Which means no one else can order. Which means service is really slow. I was almost late to class for a small burger and no fries.

Last night I got a phone call from some horrible solicitor back in California, which isn’t supposed to be possible. There’s only 4 or 5 phone numbers which should be able to reach my phone at this point. And the call woke me up at 1:30. I fell asleep at 1, was awake from 1:30-2:30 because of the solicitor, and then woke up at 7 to go to class. So by 3 o’clock, I was pretty freaking tired. I decided to take a short nap, about an hour or two, before heading off to the Laundromat to do my laundry so I don’t stink when I head out to Toulouse tomorrow. My nap ended up being about 5 hours, which meant that most stores were closed and the Laundromat was about to close. So I did a little bit of laundry in the bathroom sink, and hopefully it will dry by tomorrow.

Now that I think of it, tomorrow I’ll be up really early and spend the whole day in Toulouse, so I won’t be able to post this. But I guess on Sunday you’ll get this and a bunch of pictures from Toulouse, so I guess you’ll just have to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment