Many of us are making our plans for our autumn break. Today Emily, Alejandra, and Betty confirmed that they were visiting Rome late this week. Not ten minutes later, I learned that this weekend Rome exploded into violent riots, injuring 70 people and causing €1.4 million in damage. The photos looked pretty gnarly. So I wish them luck, and hope that they have as much fun in Rome as I had.
I looked into how to get to Mont St-Michel, which will by my first stop in Normandy. What did I find out? Trains don’t go to Mont St-Michel. So I guess I’ll have to go to Rennes and catch a bus from there. Too bad there’s no information on the bus line. Not a good start to the trip.
I had French Mexican food for dinner tonight. It solved my yearning for Mexican food, but it wasn’t great. For example, I ordered a chimichanga, and it wasn’t fried. Wouldn’t that make it a burrito instead of a chimichanga? The dessert however was incredibly good. It was basically an apple pie burrito: caramelized apples in a toasted tortilla with some really good whipped cream and ice cream, all smothered in liquid caramel. Yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment